Friday, January 3, 2014

And We're Off

2014 is here and we're up and running! Okay, so we've really be at it for three days, forgive me for my delay, but low and behold, we've got the first blog post of 2014! Heyyy!

Congested, this was my view NYE.
I rang in the new year with minimal pomp and circumstance. I had dinner with my family and settled down to watch the Chick-Fil-A Bowl with Duke and Texas A&M. (That was an awesome game, even though Duke lost. Nonetheless, shout out to the ACC!) From there on, it was smooth sailing until 3 a.m. when it was time to drop my brother off at the airport for his 5 a.m. flight. Alright, so it was almost smooth sailing.

You know the old saying, "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it?" Well...be careful, because that saying does ring true, to a certain extent. In my previous post, I mentioned ringing in 2014 with a kiss from the Doctor (or, as I call him, Mr. M.D.). Don't get too excited, it didn't happen, I kissed my cat, yet again. However, I was wasn't feeling well the final hours of 2013 and the early hours of 2014. Was I ill enough to take a trip to the ER? No, but I was definitely uncomfortable. So, I "wished" to ring in the new year with Mr. M.D., and got "sick," but not sick enough. Yeah, I'm going to take that as a sign to drop that daydream right now.  (So long Mr. M.D., thanks for being my daydream man for 2013!)

My head on collision with congestion and sneezing had me waking up with an awful sore throat the next morning. Feeling a few shades of uncomfortable, I spent the first day of 2014 shifting my head to clear my nasal passages and watching college football...A LOT of college football. I believe I watched five games that day — not five entire games, I just watched bits and pieces of five games. I'm not going to complain, it was a great way to build more anticipation for the big kahuna, the BCS National Championship Game! GO NOLES!

Please ignore how awkward I look.
With that game in the horizon, my outlook for 2014 looks promising. I've convinced myself it'll be the year of triumphs and my arms will be sore and fabulously toned from the amount of times I've raised them in victory. My friend Vassi and I have also dedicated this year to the year of Kefi. We discussed our game plan at length during a two hour lunch yesterday (okay, so we mostly discussed boys, relationships and life, but kefi can and will go along with all of that)!

This year, will also be a year to build on my understanding of my faith and God's love for me. (I'll try not to get preachy.) After a late night chat with my friend Catrina (God bless her, for all her spiritual guidance), she helped me realize that I'm a good person, despite all my missteps and mistakes. She also helped me realize, that believing this doesn't make me entitled. I haven't fully grasped that concept just yet, but I'm getting there and I will get there.

Carefully yet deliberately I will arrive at the end of this year having fulling embraced 2014 for all it will offer and for all it's glories! Get ready, folks, because this year is going to be wonderfully amazing, I'm going to make sure of it!

Sincerely,

Cybill

No comments:

Post a Comment