Monday, February 3, 2014

Que Sera Sera

There is something to be said about going away and coming back home. It's probably why millions of people do it every day and the novelty will never wear off. There's the renewed appreciation for the familiar. They way your bed fits, just right. The fine balance of your pillows, not too soft, not to sturdy. The comforting smell, that not matter how old you are or where life takes you, the smallest hint of it and you know, home. 

There's also the small and unexplainable way your spirit just comes back rejuvenated. Indescribable, but undeniable. A part of you longs for the foreign adventure, but it's hard to fulling ignore the ease of breathing at home. The way the familiar surroundings break down the stiffness built in your spine. The knowing, where things are and where they belong, including yourself.

In the realm of careers, I'm still trying to find where I belong. Today, I welcomed the week with another Skype interview. It was the same company I spoke with a few weeks ago, but this time around, I didn't wear pajama pants, I wore gym shorts. Am I confident about it? Yes...and no. I'm confident in my answers and in myself, but I'm not confident in their feelings about me. Does that make sense? Ultimately, they weren't easy to read, but hakuna matata, right? I made it to another round. If this were American Idol, I'd have better chances at some air time. Oh well, I'll hope for the best and in regard to the rest, que sera sera, whatever will be, will be... (You have to love that rejuvenated kefi spirit!)

Que Será, Será by Doris Day on Grooveshark

Sincerely,

Cybill

No comments:

Post a Comment